Greetings! This blog isn’t about any one thing. If you’re wondering what you might find, check out this Spark Notes version of my life right now.
Things I am:
- Writer, morning, day, and night
- Married to my best friend
- Subservient to cats and rabbits
- Contributor to FEAR NO LIT’s Fail Better series
- 2014 graduate of the University of Indianapolis, 2018 MFA recipient from Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Communications and technical writing professional
- Freelance reporter for local news outlets, including The Free Press, Mankato Magazine, MN Valley Business, and Connect Business Magazine, former staff writer for Angie’s List Magazine
- Tweeter, @JAFigy
- Vegetarian since 2010 (previous failed attempts)
- Minor traveler, across the U.S. and 4 foreign lands
- Coffee aficionado
- Hack photographer
- Honeybee enthusiast
- Former carpenter, construction worker
- Past-life cartographer
- Reader of prose and poetry
Connect with me professionally on LinkedIn.
3 thoughts on “Who am I”
That was fantastic! Very funny! Loved the sketch! For the record, I have lost 4 lbs! How? I never eat all the noodle; order a lot of gluten free; hit the gym; eat nothing else but my salad, soup and pasta. And I probably ate worse than pasta everyday before the “contest.” Keep up the good work and Ill keep reading!
This is the best comment ever. Thanks for reading, Pastor Martin!
I am very aware that I live in a 1954, National Home. This is due to the Plate on the wall in my cellar stairway. Two additions and 67 years later, it is still a good home, with just a few quirks.